Creamy Farfalle Carbonara Recipe
Pin to Pinterest
Yummy, and while it’s not exactly low-cal, it has peas, so that counts for something right? Even men who are big red meat eaters will find this a tasty and filling meal…. can we say Bacon?
- 2 cups uncooked farfalle pasta
- 1 cup ½ and ½
- 1 cup peas
- 1 egg
- 6 pieces bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop onion
- Chop bacon
- Grab 3 quart sized freezer bags and fill each:
- Bag 1- pasta
- Bag 2- onion and bacon
- Bag 3- ½ and ½, egg, peas, salt and pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese
Boil pasta in water 8-10 minutes until desired doneness, drain and set aside. Sauté Onion and bacon in a large non-stick sauce pan with a bit of olive oil, until bacon begins to crisp and onions become translucent and golden. Add bag 3- allow to simmer 2-3 minutes. Toss pasta in pan until heated thoroughly.
Serve with a salad for a yummy side. If carbs don’t matter, garlic sticks or bread will add a nice addition.
See the ENTIRE Menu Plan this week:
- Weekend Shopping List and Food Prep
- Sirloin Gyros Recipe>
- Crock-Pot Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
HOT DEALS: Loving the deal on this Julep Maven Hallowen Nail Polish Box – Get it FREE (a $58 Value), just pay $2.99 for S&H.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!