BLT Avocado Chop Salad Recipe with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Pin to Pinterest
This is a delicious and healthy meal that you can build to customize to your taste. Served with an Greek yogurt homemade ranch dressing- you will never buy it at the store again! If I include my kids in the preparation process they will usually eat anything, salad is no exception. Crumbling bacon in a baggie, or tossing everything together are great jobs for little hands.
BLT Avocado Chop Salad
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or 1 bagged salad
- 1 avocado
- 6-8 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 Large tomato
- 3 oz. Mozzarella (consider low fat for a healthier alternative, I raided the kids fridge snacks and diced up 3 mozzarella cheese sticks into our salad)
Other ingredients that are great to include in chopped salad: scallions, diced bell pepper, corn, black beans, crushed tortilla chips, homemade croutons, diced olives, diced boiled eggs or just about anything else you can think of.
- Peel, and dice avocado
- Chop crisp bacon pieces
- Dice tomato
- Chop lettuce into small, uniform pieces
- Dice any other ingredients you want to add
- Toss all items together in a large bowl
- Serve with homemade ranch dressing
Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Ingredients List:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. dill
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp. vinegar
Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl, or container for storing. Allow to sit in refrigerator to “marry” ingredients for at least 30 minutes.
See the ENTIRE Menu Plan this week:
- Weekend Shopping List and Food Prep
- BLT Chop Salad With Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Quesadillas
- Inside Out Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
HOT DEALS: Loving the deal on this Julep Maven Hallowen Nail Polish Box – Get it FREE (a $58 Value), just pay $2.99 for S&H.
Also grab Amazon Prime which includes FREE 2-Day Shipping, FREE Kindle Books, and FREE Video Streaming!