Last week we shared with you a wonderfully simple recipe that called for a springtime favorite – strawberries in a Lemon Cake Recipe. This week we are at it again with a seasonally Sweet and Fresh Blueberry Wrapup. It’s just that, a lot of yumminess wrapped up into a crowd pleasing treat! If you’re lucky enough to live in a location with blueberry and strawberry patches nearby, we encourage you to take your children to experience the joy of picking their own fruit. What better way to show how the food we eat goes from the soil to the supper table!
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 8oz container of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 package of crescent rolls
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl and set aside.
- Wash blueberries and gently stir into cream cheese mixture. Open crescent rolls and align 7 of them in a pinwheel fashion, equally on a baking sheet. Use the 8th one to fill in any holes in the middle.
- Spoon cream cheese and blueberries onto the middle of the crescent pinwheel that is formed. Carefully pull points of crescent rolls overlapping them over the middle in a criss cross fashion.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.